BUYERS AND SELLERS
I would like to welcome you to my comprehensive Real Estate website. No other site provides more detailed local Real Estate market information than you’ll find here.
For buyers there is detailed area and neighborhood information and a great search page. For sellers I provide information and data to help you to ready your home for market and to list it so it sells.
|For Buyers||For Sellers|
The Montgomery County Real Estate market is made up of diverse and interesting communities and neighborhoods. I also specialize in Frederick County and surrounding communities! I’ll tell you about each of them and let you narrow your search to the very best for you.
ERA Pro Realty has Merged with Century 21 Redwood Realty
ERA Real Estate was founded on the premise of building a franchise system based on the principle of collaboration- the idea that by working together and helping one another, a stronger community of real estate professionals could be built. Each ERA office helps strengthen the communities where they work and practice real estate.
Our global community of real estate professionals combines local neighborhood experience with up-to-the-minute real estate resources to deliver the results home buyers and sellers need today.
Buying and selling real estate is a process with many steps involved to complete a transaction. That's why we keep our approach as simple and straightforward as possible. This website and the ERA Real Estate YouTube Channel provide information about some of the most commonly asked questions about real estate. To find out more about your neighborhood, your home search, or selling your house contact an ERA Real Estate professional in your community.
HEADQUARTERS:175 Park Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
BROKERS & SALES ASSOCIATES:Approximately 31,000 worldwide
OFFICES:Approximately 2,300 worldwide. Each office is independently owned and operated.
LOCATIONS:ERA Real Estate has offices in 46 states and 33 countries and territories throughout the world including: Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Guadeloupe, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, St. Lucia, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands and United Arab Emirates.
KEY MANAGEMENT:Charlie Young, President & Chief Executive Officer
COMPANY HISTORY:In 1971, Jim Jackson founded the company, originally called Electronic Realty Associates, with the vision of utilizing the latest technology – then a fax machine - to provide the highest quality service. Since that time, ERA Real Estate has continued its innovator role. In 1973, ERA Real Estate offered the first nationwide home warranty program. A few years later, the company introduced its ERA® Sellers Security® Plan, a unique program that offers qualified sellers a specific price and sales date. Today, ERA Real Estate continues to be a pioneer in the industry by capitalizing on the power of the Internet to offer unique offerings to both sales associates and consumers.
CORPORATE CHARITY:Since 1977, ERA Real Estate has been the sole corporate sponsor from the real estate industry for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). During that time, the ERA® network has raised nearly $35 million to help MDA fight neuromuscular diseases.
(Rev 09/13) © 2014 ERA Franchise Systems LLC. A Realogy Company. Owned by NRT. All Rights Reserved. ERA Franchise Systems LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Each Office is independently Owned and Operated. ERA, the ERA logo and ERA Seller Security Plan are registered service marks licensed to ERA Franchise Systems LLC
Tell Me More About ERA...
NRT LLC is the largest owner and operator of residential real estate brokerages in the United States with operations in more than 40 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. Most operations are affiliated with Realogy’s franchise brands Coldwell Banker ®, ERA ® and Sotheby’s International Realty ®, though it also operates powerful regional and local brands such as The Corcoran Group ® and Citi Habitats, as well as a robust commercial brand Coldwell Banker Commercial ®
NRT At A Glance
- The largest operator of residential real estate brokerages in the United States
- More than 700 company owned offices with approximately 42,600 independent sales associates
- Posted approximately $151.1 billion (pro forma) in total residential real estate volume in 2013
- Ranked No. 1 nationally in real estate sales volume and transactions sides for 17 consecutive years
NRT enjoys a senior management team with decades of experience in the most successful real estate companies around the country. Likewise, its sales associates and support team are first rate. For NRT, this combination of great companies and great people has resulted in innovative ideas, valuable synergies and above all, a service-oriented culture!
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in real estate franchising with company-owned real estate brokerage operations doing business under its franchise systems as well as relocation and title services. Realogy's brands and business units include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with 247,000 independent sales associates doing business in 104 countries around the world. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, N.J.
Realogy at a Glance
- The Realogy Franchise Group , the leading franchisor of real estate brokerages in the world, including world-renowned brands such as:
- NRT LLC , the largest owner and operator of residential real estate brokerages in the United States
- Cartus Corporation , a global leader in relocation services
- Title Resource Group , a provider of title and other settlement services
ERA® and the Muscular Dystrophy Association
Since ERA Franchise Systems LLC became the sole corporate sponsor from the real estate industry for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) in 1977, the ERA network has raised nearly $35 million to help fight neuromuscular diseases. ERA franchised companies nationwide host events and fundraisers throughout the year including golf tournaments, walkathons, and auctions to raise funds for this worthy cause.
ERA and our Relocation Services
Cartus Relocation offers a broad range of world-class employee relocation services designed to manage all aspects of an employee’s move and facilitate a smooth transition in what otherwise may be a difficult process for that employee.
Whether you're moving one newly hired employee across the country, or your whole company across the globe, we fit our services precisely to your needs.
Cartus is a leading provider of outsourced corporate relocation services in the United States. The Company assists in the transfer of employees of 50% of Fortune 50 companies and facilitates U.S. corporate-sponsored relocations, including orchestrating moves for numerous government agencies and membership organizations. Cartus a leading provider of relocation services in the United Kingdom.
As a global leader with more than 2,900 employees worldwide and with strategic service centers worldwide, Cartus:
- Assisted nearly 166,000 annual employee moves into and out of more than 150 countries in 2013
- Has nearly 60 years of experience in employee relocation services, intercultural training, outsourcing and consulting
- As part of its ongoing commitment to its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, Cartus Corporation has become a signatory member of the United Nations Global Compact , additionally, Cartus launched a microsite detailing its various global citizenship initiatives.
Cartus’ services boost employee productivity and satisfaction, while supporting effective program management and cost control. Its focus is on service excellence, technology investment, and Six Sigma measurement standards, ensuring consistent results-driven performance. Cartus clients receive continual information on best practices, cost-reduction opportunities, and competitive program enhancements, while Cartus consultants provide each transferring employee with resourceful and responsive personal advocacy.
Did you know that if ERA can not sell your house,
ERA will buy it from you?
No joke -- Read on!
OUR SECURE TIMELY METHOD FOR SELLING YOUR HOME
Take the uncertainty out of selling your home . If you are on the move and need to sell, the ERA® Sellers Security® Plan* (SSP) gives qualified consumers the assurance your home will sell within a defined sales period or ERA Franchise Systems LLC will buy it from you.
With SSP, qualified consumers receive:
Assurance: You'll know up front what you will be paid for your home ( 80% to 90% of the appraised value).
Flexibility: In addition to a guaranteed sale to ERA Franchise Systems LLC, you are encouraged to accept another offer within the specified listing period. You may also opt out of the listing agreement with your ERA broker within 21 days of being notified that you do not qualify for the ERA® Sellers Security® Plan.
Control: SSP puts you in a stronger negotiating position for your next home purchase.
• Purchase a home inspection and home appraisal
• Agree to reduce the list price of your property at certain intervals during the agreed selling period
• Purchase your next home through ERA Real Estate.
• Have a minimum of 20% gross equity in the property.
• Be current on all mortgages and make mortgage payments and maintenance on the property until closing.
Your home must:
• Be a single-family primary residence. Townhomes and condominiums qualify. The property can be vacant when applying for the program but cannot be rented during the SSP listing period.
• Be valued between $50,000 and $750,000.
• Be marketable; the condition and appeal must meet or surpass typical buyer expectations for the area and price range.
• Be located in your broker's primary marketplace.
• Meet absorption rate criteria; the local absorption rate (the approximate time it takes for a property to be sold) must be 15 months or less.
ERA® Sellers Security® Plan Timeline
- 180 Days (Applications accepted with an absorption rate of 1-9 months)
- 270 Days (Applications accepted with an absorption rate of 10-15 months
1. Exceptions include military personnel moving into base housing, those purchasing new construction as the result of a referral to agent from the builder, those moving into a senior living facility as a result of a referral to agent from the facility.
2. Maximum appraised values are based upon local statistics. Properties valued in the top 20% of sales per prior 12-month MLS® data for town, city, or zip code do not qualify. (Maximum ERA Franchise Systems LLC offer: $675,000.)
Important Legal Information
Conditions and limitations apply; including but not limited to: seller and house must meet specific qualifications, and purchase price will be determined solely by ERA Franchise Systems LLC, based upon a discount of the home's appraised value. Additionally, a second home must be purchased through a broker designated by ERA Franchise Systems LLC. Call your local participating ERA® professional to review details. Not available in all areas.